Friday 18 July 2014

KAT VON D + TOO FACED | MAKEUP REVIEW


I'm so excited to finally talk about two products I was dying to give a try for quite a while. I'll start off with the Kat Von D Monarch eyeshadow palette.... and yes its as great as it sounds!
When browsing around Sephora I happened to catch a glimpse of the Kat Von D section and couldn't take my eyes off after that. She certainly did an amazing job on presentation. The packaging designed by herself is so beautiful and represents each product individually, which made them more unique and desirable to buy! 

I however chose this palette for a list of reasons: 

Quality / Flawless and creamy, I've never seen an eyeshadow palette built so attentively. The moment I was testing and swatching I knew effort and work went into the palette to reach the highest standards possible, later on to find out that the eyeshadows consists of antioxidant complex that Protects the delicate eye area from free radicals,rose extract that softens and moisturizes the skin & vitamins A, C, and E which nourish and hydrate the eyelid. Knowing this I was defiantly impressed as I never heard a palette including so many caring substances for the eyes.

Colour / The pigmentation is crazy! I found there to be no need to swatch these colours on my hand, as what you see is what you get. I was skeptical that the eyeshadows where either light or the shade would come out a different. But I should have known, its Kat Von D we're dealing with. Her Whole collection is highly pigmented and has a heavy coverage. The look I was going for was light, that only goes to show how rich these colours are. And the best bit is, it suits all eye colors. It has a bit of everything for everyone. So if you wondering whether or not these shades compliment you for whatever reason, I'm telling you that is so beautiful and versatile that eye colour won't matter at all. 

Versatility / As you can see the palette has 3 bigger shades, I loved them as highlights on the face it looked flattering and non- over the top. I'm not a fan of simmer but with a light hand you can achieve a pretty and glowy look. I also used the matte browns for contouring and can I say wow , I never saw a product look so natural before. It looks soft and easy on the eye and in my opinion untraceable.

Packaging /  So pretty so Kat Von D! The palette as small and dainty enough to travel. And as I've mentioned before versatile which makes this product heaven for those on the go! For those wondering about the design she chose, the butterfly is a symbol of rebirth and renewal. 


My second product is the Too Faced Air Buffed BB Creme... wow mouthful ! But worth it... love love love this product. Want a natural, flawless and youthful look ? It does it all, but one thing to mention in achieving that look, time is required in return unfortunately as the application brush that comes with the BB Creme is quite small but does a great job! So what I would suggest is using your own brush preferably the buffing brush as it glides the cream evenly and flawlessly on the face. If not then an extra 2 min won't harm.

Reasons I love this product : 

Quality / Silky soft and powdery 'to the touch' feeling. Straight away telling me its a rich BB creme. It's unbelievably soft and leaves a clean feeling on the face, but without clogging the pores.. thank goodness for that ! It not only looks good but makes me feel good as I get quite the compliments wearing this. People saying I look less tired, and my face looks very natural without the trace of makeup.

Colour / Surprisingly I'm the lightest ! I'm usually 2nd -3rd lightest. I'm in the shade snow glow, which adapts amazingly to my skin as it is a BB creme and not a foundation.. I have to keep that in mind. It's strange how much this product being a BB creme gives such high coverage for one, yet leaving the feeling of a powder ! Once again Love !

Packaging / Overall easy to carry around size wise. It's Durable in-case of dropping, as it's made from a hard acrylic. And looks very chic and dainty with the application brush attached to it. Which by the way is made from cruelty-free teddy bear hair. You gotta love it!


Give them a try? 

No comments:

Post a Comment