Tuesday 15 July 2014

ALEXANDER MCQUEEN FALL 2014 - 2015


Where to start... This had to be one of the most hardest post to put into words. I'll simply start off by saying this fall line without a doubt blew me away. From the colour scheme , material used , choice of scenery.. it all linked together beautifully. At first seeing the collection I thought a lot was going on.. but without being over the top? I hope I'm making sense. The line was exquisite and the presentation just as breathtaking. I love how they told a story through the fashion show by starting with bold dark colours and gradually moving on to the holographic glitter pieces then beautifully ending with the innocent whites. It's as if they were blooming into beauty.
The vibe that's jumping to me is Lolita mets folk. Its amazing how one can make Victorian folk look like haute couture. They took the heavy draping, lace and faux fur to their advantage and used it one step further.


What really grabbed my attention were the colours, many things did but I couldn't take my eyes off the garments because of its warm and mystical tones. Each and every gown brought something extraordinary to the table.  The colours were rich and vibrant without being center of attention. It looked feminine & gorgeous on the models and fitted in well with their pale skin (and proved anyone... even fair skin can rock whites).
Black, grey, white, deep purple and teal are the colours defiantly to be reckoned with this fall.


And can we please take our time to acknowledge the materials used ?! I just can't describe how perfect the combinations are. Only Alexander McQueen!
The textures are heavy yet have a gentle flow to them, which gives the illusion of gracefulness and poise. And the length of the gowns help define that, with the help of the turtle necks or either open v necks.
The faux feathers & leather will look perfect for fall. It sits well on any body type and any looks cute for all occasions! Paring it with something just adds class, it always looks rich, bold and in fashion & should be given a try this fall.
One of my favorite details from the line has to be the sun & moon cut out design. It looks young and innovative and you can't go wrong with a pattern like this.
And to top everything off I adored the hand jewelry... bringing what we had back!.... but better! Its very flattering and elegant to wear, I know its something I'm trying anyway!


I gathered a few pieces here that I thought would be a good guideline for you when trying to buy for fall. Black and white is a must and soft, flowery , feathery , and most important faux fur are key when trying to achieve the Alexander McQueen fall look. And as for shape either a floor long gown or a cupcake shaped dress, this is what gives us the doll like aura. And try find something that covers your neck this gives you the sweet and girly look.

I hope this quick post helped you gain a bit more insight on whats hot in the fashion world right now.
More of these to come !

                                                                                
                      

No comments:

Post a Comment