Friday 20 June 2014

WHAT'S IN MY MAKEUP BAG? | NEW YORK EDITION



From the title most can tell that I'm heading to NYC! As a first timer I'd like to be extra prepared (as anyone would) and hopefully not forget anything. I'll be posting quite a bit about my trip, from makeup, buys to daily outfits...I'll try and range the variety and hope that I'd helped you based on my experience, no matter where the destination is! I've thought long and hard on where to start packing!.. And for me skin care is a must, at the moment New York is hitting the high 30's mixed with mid humidity.. I know not a great mix for the skin. With that said I've picked minimal makeup with me, because firstly it's NYC a bit of impulse buying on the makeup is a must (without a doubt ) and secondly, it's summer I want my skin to breath and soak in the sun! So lets get straight to it I'll be showing you my must have items for summer, and I'll be explaining my views and opinions on them to.




Face
 1. MAC Matchmaster Foundation : This foundation is thick and pigmented enough to act as both your concealer and foundation. It's convenient enough were you can apply with you fingers, brush, sponge, whatever suits you best. And I look for that in foundations as it's very important when it comes to traveling, you might like to give your face a touch up during fights or in the airport without much hassle. This foundation also has SPF 15 so it protects the skin form the sun, it's an easy application due to the consistency and it adds a small amount of dewiness to the skin giving you that natural look also a bonus as it won't dry your skin out. 

2.Bourjois Happy Light base serum (luminous and flawless complexion) : It's key in securing any look your going for. Also a great mix with the MAC Matchmaster Foundation as it tones down the matte side and brings out your inner glow without shimmer. It looks beautiful in the sun and won't have your foundation slip and slide all over the face. A must have for people with dry skin because it moisturizes leaving your skin feeling soft and bright, making foundation application much easier. 

3.Gosh silky cream blusher stick : This product is discontinued be can be achieved with any other powder blush, cream stick blush, liquid stain etc. This tangerine colour gives anyone that pop of colour, it can either be subtle or if feeling spontaneous you can go all out. This is one of those handy products where no brushes are needed and its also multi-functional. Because it has gold shimmer running through it lighlty add it to your décolleté or your collar bone to add that extra glow to your skin. 

4.Rimmel Stay Matte powder : No need to go all on this one. Any form of powder will do, pressed preferably as the last thing you need is loose powder spilling everywhere. But if need be transfer it into a steeper container (less prone to getting messy). Also pressed powder saves space depending on the packaging. Pressed powder can be a tricky one when it comes to hot weather. You don't want it to crease up. So a little trick is to gently press the powder with a flat application sponge or lightly press it with your brush. This method is more prone for your look to last longer. Another suggestion would be to use rice paper tissues, these babies work wonder especially when traveling. Easy to carry, cheap to buy, and quick to use. Just tap around you t-zone and your good to go!





Lips
1.Catrice lipstick in 'Princess Peach' : I know right... quite a loud colour. This isn't so much of a new product, but is strangely coming back in trend... Orange, is the new black they say! Beautiful on all skin tones. It almost alters with what shade of skin you have. It's a fun colour with amazing pigment payoff, leaving your lips moisturized and fabulous! It one you must try, if feeling skeptical though use it as a stain by lightly dabbing the lipstick on then tap the excess off with your finger. It looks great either way.

2.Seventeen Lipstick in 'Bella' : One of my favorite nudes non pale and mutes out your lips into  a smooth light brown shade. Its very creamy and easy to apply, no mirror needed (yes that easy). It's a staple in my bag and would look beautiful with a strong eye makeup for summer. I almost forget that its a lipstick because of it's texture. I would highly recommend this lipstick and shades like this to people who feel that colour isn't there thing or for those who are just getting starting with makeup. One that will not disappoint.

3.No.7 Liplicious in 'Marshmallow' : I'm not so keen on lip glosses at all but this one had me hooked. It's long lasting, non drying and looks stunning! I can't wait to pair this with my lipsticks, doing this always brings your look one step further. At times enough to skip a heavy eye look . A tip to note : bring mini testers along, ones that you always receive but forget to use (Like myslef). They're perfect for on the go during summer.




Eyes
1.Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes : The reason I'm loving this mascara is for it's convenient size and for it's signature doll eyes I'm left with! (well close to them). It's rare when I find a mascara that curls my lashes as I apply, and I'm not one to use an lash curler... and to say that I'm left with long curled and thicker lashes, that tells you something. It's great for when you want you eyes to do the talking that day! A lazy day basically. Convenient, quick to use and trust worthy...what more does a girl want?!

2.Gosh Waterproof Eyeshadow in 'Love That Champagne' : I think the perks are in the title 'Waterproof'. This is a must have to look out for if your going to be near a pool, in the sun all day or you just want a long-lasting makeup look. The shade is very soft and light, the packaging best depicts the colour. I love eyeshadow sticks because once again, no brushes are needed and will look more natural when blending with fingertips. It's easy to apply and to mix'n'match with other colours.

3.Essence Colour Flash Volume Mascara #2 and #5 : I've always been a fan of this brand and they never seem to let me down. And when I saw these mascaras I couldn't help but grab some! To be honest this is my favorite product I that I bought all year ! It sticks to what it says on the label, 'Volume' and lots of it, and its so easy to apply more coats if needed. You can even use them in your hair! looks great for a crazy change. The colours are extremely pigmented and look so surreal when worn.. It's defiantly an eye stopper!

4.Essence Mono Eyeshadow in 'go glam' : Perfect for those days when needing an extra punch of colour. This is a very unique shade, it has under tones of lilac and a high quality of matalic purple. I love to use this all around my eye and have some smoked out in the crease simple yet fresh. What I love most is the way it seems to bring out the colour in the eyes.  People say purple suits green eyes. Well for this shade, I say it suit all!

5.Bourjois Eyeshadow in 'Turquoise Ensoleille' : There was no doubt that I wasn't bringing this with me . As many of you know these shadows last all..day..long! All that's needed is an eye primer or a damp eyelid (that way you'll get to see the colour come to life).  It's dainty because of the mirror and small eyeshadow applicator you get with it. This shade is so enchanting and reminds me of mermaids and mystical magic! as strange as that sounds. Flawless and beautiful for summer.

6.NYC High Definition Liquid Liner : This is for those days when eyeshadow just isn't enough. I'll add a small winged liner to do the job. I would recommend this product to those would would like to try out a wingeld look but finds brushed and dealing with gel liner to much. This pen liner is
super easy for pros and non pros.

7.Rimmel Soft Kohl Eye Liner Pencil in 'Jungle Green' : Because I have green eyes I thought this would compliment any eye look beautifully as it would make your eyes stand out that bit more. It's very easy to smoke out and looks pretty when applied under the eye. Colours like this brings looks together and adds the finishing touches. Tip : Eye color + Eye colour shadow = Perfection!

8.Essence Eyebrow Designer 'No.2 Brown' : This eyebrow pencil is quick and easy to use a few light stokes fills in your brows naturally. And can be blended out even further with the small comb brush you get with the pencil. Although I love this pencil because of its strong long lasting preference. I have to say, colour wise they're a bit on the light side, I have Dark Brown hair and its quite light for my liking. But I never say no to change and it does look natural once applied lightly.

9.Urban Decay Palette : Need I say anymore. I think we all got to the stage where this palette can be found in every makeup lovers room. It's a big must have, creations with this palette are endless. I use this for my brows, eyes and to highlight my face. The colour payoff is amazing and the palette itself lasts a very long time! These colours are perfect for summer because of the bronze, purples,golds,and nudes. Its ideal for your summer looks!


New York Look


New York Look by ModeBuzan

2 comments: