Tuesday 17 June 2014

LATEST CRAVE | ZIMMERMANN SS 2014



As summer progressed I've decided to catch up with the more haute couture side of fashion, I didn't neglected it but spent most of my time admiring the beautiful street fashion that always seem to blow my mind and never disappoints (how can it ?!). I love seeing the way people interpret high fashion into their own... but still keeping it modish! Back to haute couture I've spent most of my inspo time watching 'fashiontv' which is a brillant way of receiving your daily dose of fashion straight from the runway. It gives us a first hand experience of what it feels like to be around raw fashion. From designers, models to clothing they got you covered!

Then Zimmermann came along, as a first time viewer of their work I had to share their ideas and visions for what they see in spring/summer 2014. Flawless, easy and natural are the words that jump out to me when I watch their the runway show. Its young and powerful and has a lot of flattering flowy pieces that gives that extra feminine punch. But to take it up a notch they used matalics,blushes, and blacks together as the colour scheme. This combo is beautiful and what might be seen before, Zimmermann plays it diffrent and uses silks and sheer material instead. Its super easy to dress down or up and material like that never looks wrong on anybody, if anything accentuates.





This look is slightly girly but edgy at the same time, which for me is a must as I love a cute outfit but do like to dress it up with an edge! What also caught my eye was the detailing that might look too barring but when taking a step back looks elegant, and as you can tell elongates the body....
It can be anything from a flared shoulder, gathered side skirt, panel design, to layered wraps. All of these looks are effortlessly worn and don't look too over the top and has a 'non preppy look' to it. Easy and fun to try this summer !




From these looks you might think that a lot is going on, and wonder how to pick out key pieces. Its always good to start off with the colour scheme, like mentioned silver, blushes greys/blacks, lilacs are the main colours to pick out. Then shape, not everything is fitted which is perfect for summer as the last thing you need is to feel uncomfortable ! You need to feel invincible and free ! And from what I can see Zimmermann achieved just that.




Many brands are picking up this flowy / girly look and are defiantly getting a big thumbs up from me. Spot on colours and textures that are fabulous to wear this summer. They are beautiful on their own and loud when over layered, either way you'll be lighting up the streets with this soft yet haute couture style!


Runway Clone

Runway Clone by ModeBuzan

No comments:

Post a Comment