Saturday 7 June 2014

SUMMER BLUES | OOTD



 
I'm in love with this look! I've been dying to give this outfit a go. Long fitted dresses are my new 'holy grail' clothing items for summer 14', as I'm quite tall and gives a poised and flattering look (as it would for anybody actually). You'll be seeing more of these outfits soon, as I can't get enough of them! Denim, leather, faux fur, kimonos... it all fits well with this type of a look. I kept it all simple because this look is more focused on key items, so our are eyes are directed to the statement pieces, more so then the look itself. I adore pairing almost anytime with large or retro sunglasses (as you can tell) it always adds the finishing touch to any look.Your statement piece can be anything you want really, pick something you love and create your look around it, by doing that everything will fall into its place. Pairing this look with a short overcoat brings out the more fun and girly side as for a long overcoat gives a more edgy and powerful look. Here I brought a bit of both by mixing and matching the colours, textures, and size of the clothing to my liking. There are so many variations of the 'laid back' look, and is one that you should definitely give a try this season !

 

Dress // Ginger G
Jacket // River Island
Glasses // River Island
Rings // River Island
Earrings // Next

No comments:

Post a Comment